FESAC Subcommittee on Workforce Development
This website supports the FESAC Subcommittee on Workforce Development.Sam Barish and Sean Finnegan.
Members of the subcommittee are listed here.
- The Workforce Charge from DOE to FESAC, February 19, 2014.
- Slides from FESAC meeting, April 10, 2014.
- Presentation at FESAC Meeting, June 16, 2014.
Request for Input
We are conducting a survey of departments and institutions involved in FES research. If your group did not receive one, you may download it here.
Other input to the panel is welcomed from any member of the community, including comments, concerns, and recommendations regarding workforce development and future workforce needs. This may be in the form of emails or brief White Papers, which will be posted on this site. Please send input, and completed surveys, by May 5, to the Chair and Vice-Chair (links above).
Community Input Received
- Prof. Paul Bellan, Caltech
- Prof.Â TroyÂ Carter,Â PhysicsÂ Department,Â UCÂ LosÂ Angeles
- Prof. Peter Stangeby, Univ. Toronto
- Workshop on Opportunities in Plasma Astrophysics report (2010)
- FESAC report: "Advancing the Science of High Energy Density Laboratory Plasma" (2009)
- Low Temperature Plasma Science report (2008)
- FESAC 'Priorities, Gaps and Opportunities' Report (2007)
- National Research Council Report. Plasma Science: Advancing Knowledge in the National Interest (2007)
- FESAC Fusion Workforce Planning report (2004)