- Recent Past eNews
• Research Highlight
• Diagnostics Topical Group:
• Multi-energy x-ray cameras for magnetically confined fusion plasmas.
• Schedule of Burning Plasma Events
• Contact and Contribution Information
- Completed Webinars
- January 7, 2016: Integrated modeling in support of ITER: the path from the commissioning phase to demonstration scenarios; issues and processDr. Francesca Poli, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
- October 29, 2015: Assessment of Critical Neutronics Issues for ITERProf. Mohamed Sawan, Dept. of Engineering Physics and Associate Director, Fusion Technology Institute, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Completed Tasks
Modes of Research Participation on ITER Leaders: Rajesh Maingi and Mike WalkerA USBPO working group, formed in 2012, to provide input to the ITER Organization, to help define how ITER will operate as an experimental device. Disruption Task Group Leaders: Valerie Izzo (UCSD) and Robert Granetz (MIT)The task group exists to coordinate US-wide disruption research efforts (both experiment and theory), to identify gaps and suggest priorities, and particularly to ensure that outstanding issues for the ITER Disruption Mitigation System are addressed in a timely manner. The US ITER Project Office has the responsibility to provide ITER's DMS.
The Wendelstein 7 X stellarator achieved its First Plasma milestone on 10 December 2015. The accuracy of the magnet system was verified by electron-beam field mapping and expected island structures were observed. The first plasma consisted of Helium and reached about 1 million degrees Celsius. (Photos: IPP)
- Report of USBPO Task Group on Modes of Research Participation in ITER
- Activities of USBPO, FPA meeting Dec 2014
- USBPO Input to the 2014 Strategic Planning Panel